Tuesday, September 8, 2009

End of Summer/Beginning of School

Expect more regular updates now that apparently more people are going to be reading it, well that and I'm now being marked on it.

So summer 09 is pretty much over, school has started and very excited about the prospects that Creative Communications is going to bring me. I knew that I wanted to major in TV Broadcasting in second year, but now after getting into advertising I may want to try that. It for some reason is really fun, but it may just be because of the wackiest of instructors Kenton Larsen.

PR is also a good class too (and NOT just because Melanie is going to be reading this) however sometimes I think that most PR is needlessly complicated and could stand to be much simpler. In everything though the more money involved the more complicated things get.

Quick side note The Bonus Stage just aired it's 15th episode here and we've started filming a new format. I've gotten tired of having to edit 30 minutes of video as a whole and cut episodes to 10 minute segments for YouTube. So what Tom and I have decided to do is film each review as a standalone segment. Think of it as a TV show you'd watch on cable and between each review is a "commercial" that separates the reviews. So technically you don't have to watch the previous part to find out what we were talking about although we hope you watch all three parts anyway. So far since January of 09 we've had almost 10,000 total views and just over 2,000 channel views with 87 subscribers. Please check it out here and you can also follow The Bonus Stage on Twitter and get regular updates on what is coming next for the show.

I just finished reading the brand new compilation issue of The Walking Dead from Image Comics.
This is honestly one of the best graphic novels I've ever read. It's so well written by Robert Kirkman that it feels like you know ever single character like they're in your own family. It's all penciled and shaded and there is no colour, so if you only like to read comics that have colour you may want to stay away.

The story really has very little to do with the zombies as characters, it's more about the human struggle going on where you're never safe. Everyone is at risk at all times and the interactions between people are so realistic to crisis situations that I feel like it's almost a window into what would happen if a zombie outbreak came about. If anyone who is like me and LOVES zombies I recommend picking up the book "The Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks.
He is a comedy writer but he writes this book like it's a completely legitimate survival guide. It's taken on a huge cult following and I highly recomend it for any zombie fan. To that end there is also a great website about surviving a zombie apocalypse with a very helpful forum with discussions about how to survive the worst.

That's all that I can think to write about now.
Follow me on Twitter

Things you should check out.

Starship Amazing
Happy Video Game Nerd
Cinemasacre


- JW

No comments:

Post a Comment