Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I Got Blisters On Me Fingers!!

First order of business is to post my new drum videos.

The first one is a cover I did for Carly, she really like the song "You know what they do to guys like us in prison?" by My Chemical Romance and as fate would have it it's one of the few songs I can play well by that band so I figured I'd give it a go. The only part of this cover I don't like is closer to the end I start to play almost half a step faster than the song, hopefully it's not as noticeable to you.


The second is another System of a Down song that I've loved playing since their album "Mesmerize" came out, however I've never felt comfortable enough to record myself playing it. There is also some really heavy double bass in it so I figured that if I record me playing the song I'd had to set up another camera to record my pedals on those double bass parts. I really like how this one turned out, it's definitely one of my best covers. The only downside is I recorded this as the last song of a long night of playing and I was tired so I didn't beat on the drums as much as I would have liked, my arms and legs were just too damn tired.



School so far hasn't been as rough as I had thought but I assume that things are going to get much more intense the further we get into it. We've had some homework and a few quizzes and one test for Grammar which I think I bombed but other than that it's been pretty easy to keep up. So much so I've gone back to my old job at Auto Extreme polishing and driving cars, I need to make some extra money because parking downtown is obscene!!!! I'm not taking the bus either, no offense to anyone who takes the bus, but I just HATE it so much. Plus I'm not going to spend $200 a month in insurance for my car to then take the bus to school. The only downside of school so far is I haven't been able to see Carly as much as I would like. People have been calling CreComm the "relationship killer" but I like a challenge and being the exception to the rule so that will NOT be the case.

That's all I have to write about now.
Follow me on Twitter.

-JW

5 comments:

  1. Dude, that is some sick drumming. Nice work!
    p.s. for the talent contest portion the prize is Rusty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man.
    My goal is to win Rusty and keep him forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just because your good at drums doesn't mean you can ignore vegetables from your daily diet. I'm worried Jeffy.

    ReplyDelete